1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
NONO NO NO NO SO I HAD CLASS WITH MY LIT TEACHER TODAY AND HIS LEFT ARM IS AMPUTATED FROM JUST BELOW THE ELBOW AND HE WAS HAVING A LITTLE TROUBLE PUTTING THE PAPERS ON HIS DESK INTO HIS BREIF CASE AT THE END OF THE CLASS AND I GO TO HIM AND SAY “YOU NEED A HAND?” AND ITS SILENT AND I JUST WHISPER OH NO AND HE STARTS LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY I WAS SO EMBARASSED
Alright, guys. I don’t post much about my personal life on here and I certainly never ask much of anyone, but I’ve run into a problem I simply can’t handle alone. I adopted a kitten a little over two years ago and named her Auryn (the medallion from The Never Ending Story). I brought her with me when I lived out in Norton, VA with my sister Lizz / imsosrsly and once there (and once she was old enough) I got her shots and de-wormed her and all the wonderful things that go along with raising a beautiful baby kitty.
She was strictly inside and spooked easily, but she was also brave and super cuddly. I have terrible anxiety and was having an extremely stressful time at Norton, but when she was there with me, I always felt better. She even enjoyed watching me play Minecraft while laying in my lap. We’ve moved again and brought her along with us to this new house.
A couple days ago, while most likely trying to catch bugs on the porch, we think she fell. We found her with a messed up leg. We googled a lot of possibilities as to what was wrong, but obviously you never know until you take them to the vet. I spent a good part of last night messaging friends on Facebook to help me take her to the vet this morning (thank you to all of you who were supportive and sweet) and I did get a ride from my wonderful mother.
And here’s the bad news: her back right leg is completely broken and described by the vet as “shattered” and “the worst he’s seen” there at the Animal Hospital. I am honestly devastated because she’s been through so much with us and has really become a part of our family.
Even worse news: we don’t have the money to pay for her surgery. Mom is currently working and so is Lizz and I’m trying my hardest to get mine and Courtney’s shop open, but it isn’t enough on top of being behind on bills and gas and just having gotten back from Dragoncon and everything else. The surgery the vet wanted us to get, from a surgeon in Blacksburg, would run about $2,000 to $4,000, which is out of the question for us. However, they will operate on her at the Hospital for $400. This is on top of the $200 that we had to spend on her visit today. We simply don’t have the money, but I can’t stand the thought of her not healing or getting the treatment she needs.
The deadline for her surgery is the end of next week on Thursday, September 18th. So I’m asking that if any of you are better off than we are, please donate for her. Even if it’s just a little, that helps more than you know. I’d like to set a goal for us of about $700-$800, just to cover the surgery and future meds and visits. But just raising the $400 would be a blessing. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this and possibly donating or even just reblogging this post!
Please make your donations to Lizz’s paypal account, since I don’t have one: Lizzeh_mo@yahoo.com
Hey guys so we NEVER reblog stuff like this onto our cosplay tumblr, but anyone who’s followed us for a while knows how important cats are to us!! Shan and Lizz are our friends and great cosplayers and GREAT PEOPLE and they need help to get their baby the help she needs. Please, please, think about donating or signal boosting or anything.